Saturday, November 1, 2008

hi!


I suppose I'll introduce myself to you, my name is Claire and I'm so excited about my little collection of things I like to call Panhandler.  I'm inspired by lots of things like vintage americana, music from the 30's,40's,50's,60's and 70's I like it all!  I'm fond of bold patterns and love mid-century modern design, I'm always drooling over new fabric and what I want to buy next.  Sewing makes me happy and that inspires me to the fullest degree.  I must say that aprons are my newest fling with sewing and I'm usually up at night thinking about what colors to put where and how to sew pockets on and how do you attach bias tape to a sculpted hemline.  I am no means a professional seamstress, but I was raised by a wonderful grandmother who taught me how to sew at a very early age.  Sewing has come back into my life after my grandmother's passing 3 years ago, sure I always knew how to put on new buttons or fixed shabby hemlines, and when I managed a vintage boutique in San Francisco we did constant repairs on all sorts of vintage fabrics so I guess you could say I've had a lifetime of experience, off the cuff of course.   My life is a whirlwind, I am a stay at home mom of two adorable kids, my son is 3.5 years old and my daughter is almost 2 years old (we share the same birthday!) and they are my world.  We live in Seattle and love the Pacific Northwest in spite of all the grey skies that cloud up the days sometimes.  What else about me???  I am quite grumpy lately because I can eat no sugar, caffeine, bread, animal fat, etc....I'm on a totally bland caveman diet due to a disgruntled gall bladder ~ sewing is my new dessert I suppose.  Without my crafty new little hobby I would go bonkers with all of life's up's & down's.  I'm not complaining, I'm happy to be basically healthy and love my crafty life!!!    Check out my collection on myspace!  www.myspace.com/gumdropgarden.

xo
Claire

No comments: